Arby’s new venison sandwich is a hit, and not just with hunters. Scheduled to be tested across six states and 13 restaurants, the new offering was expected to be popular, but not even Arby’s expected it to sell out on the first day at the first restaurant.
Nashville’s Arby’s at 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. was the first restaurant to receive the venison sandwiches. Sales began October 31 and were slated to run through November 3, but the new menu option was gone within the first day.
“We stuck a nerve, in a good way, with hunters,” Luke DeRouen of Arby’s told The Tennessean, with the Nashville location reportedly selling more than 250 sandwiches in five hours. “Some people drove from an hour away to try it.”
On October 25 the fast-food chain announced it would be rolling out a new venison sandwich in select restaurants nationwide. The thick-cut steak of 100 percent venison is marinated in garlic, salt, and pepper, then cooked for three hours. It’s topped with crispy onions and a juniper berry sauce on a toasted specialty roll.
“Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats, so it makes sense for us to connect with them and offer a sandwich that they can’t get at any other restaurant chain,” said Rob Lynch, Chief Marketing Officer and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “We’re a brand that’s not afraid to take risks, and while the venison sandwich is probably the biggest stretch for us yet, it’s incredibly delicious, and we can’t wait to get it in the hands of our guests. You won’t leave a hunt empty-handed after stopping by Arby’s.”
The new sandwich is being offered at 17 restaurants in key deer hunting states, including Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Georgia. The venison offering will be part of a national ad campaign—“It’s Meat Season”—aimed at celebrating the start of deer season across the country.
Locations where you can find the new sandwich:
Available Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd., Nashville, Tenn. 37228
Available Nov. 4-6
- 3821 Tower Ave., Superior, Wis. 54880
- 1690 Park Place Blvd., St. Louis Park, Minn. 55416
- 704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, Minn. 55720
- 348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342
Available Nov. 12-15
- 4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich. 48420
- 4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich. 49319
- 1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich. 49080
- 8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich. 48415
Available Nov. 25-28
- 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park, Penn. 15102
- 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue, Penn. 15202
- 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, Penn. 15656
- 2539 W State St., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 2648 Ellwood Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 3224 Wilmington Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16105